Pitkin County offers the following locations that have drop off boxes to take prescription medications for safe disposal:
Basalt Police Department
• 100 Elk Run Drive, #115, Basalt
• (970) 927-4316
• Open 24/7. Open holidays.
• Located in lobby
Pitkin County Sheriff's Office
• 530 E. Main Street, Suite 103, Aspen
• (970) 920-5300
• M-F, 8:30-4:30. Closed holidays.
• Located in Sheriff's Office vestibule
Unacceptable items for drop-off include chemotherapy drugs, marijuana products, needles, and opened liquids. Click HERE for more information from the State of Colorado.