Food Safety

Retail Food
All retail food establishment license applications (PDF) for retail food establishments owned by an individual (including sole proprietorships) must be accompanied by an affidavit (PDF) confirming the individual's lawful presence in the United States.

If a retail food establishment is owned by multiple individuals, other than individuals holding ownership under a different form of legal entity, such as a general partnership or limited partnership, then each individual must complete and submit an affidavit. With his/her affidavit, an individual must also present one of the accepted forms of identification for review by the department.

If the retail food establishment license application is submitted by mail, the affidavit must be accompanied by a notarized copy of the person's identification.
Individuals (including sole proprietorships) seeking renewal of an existing retail food establishment license must also comply with these requirements.

Retail Food Information

Food Handler Training
We now offer food handler training online, the class fee is $10 and takes about 90 minutes to complete.

Special Events
Temporary food service establishments at special events must be covered by a Colorado retail food establishment license. Individuals (including sole proprietorships) seeking this license will need to comply with the state's requirements for establishing their lawful presence in the United States.

Special Event Resources