Motor Vehicle Resources
OFFICES ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC! WE WILL BEGIN TAKING IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS BEGINNING ON MONDAY, JULY 6TH. RENEWALS WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED ONLINE, VIA MAIL OR DROP BOX.
530 E Main St, Suite 104
Aspen, CO 81611
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
We will continue to serve the public by processing online services and documents received through the mail or dropped in the Pitkin County Drop Box located at 530 E Main St, Aspen.
Skip the trip renew online! The following forms may be required to complete your transaction.
- Application For Title and/or Registration DR 2395 (PDF)
- Secure and Verifiable Identification DR 2842 (PDF)
- Statement of Fact DR 2444 (PDF)
- Bill of Sale (PDF)
- Other Official DMV Forms
Method of Payment
Cash, check and credit cards (Visa, Master Card
Renew RegistrationIF renewing a vehicle for someone else, ONE of the following is required by law:
Renewal card, old registration, title or copy of the title and NO CHANGES can be made to the account without a Power of Attorney (POA). Any address changes can be done online if there is no POA available.
New Colorado Law Increased Motor Vehicle Fees
- Late Fee Registration Fine Effective June 1st, 2009 (mandatory $25 fine, up to $100)
- Registration Fees Increase July 1st, 2009
- New Increased Law Fee - Press Release (PDF)
Registering Your Car/Motorcycle
- Renew online
- Buying a vehicle
- Selling a vehicle
Out-of-statevehicle requiring Colorado registration and title
- Renewals (by mail or in person)
- Sales tax
- License plate descriptions