- Departments K - Z
- Motor Vehicle Resources
Motor Vehicle Resources
530 E Main St, Suite 104
Aspen, CO 81611
Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F
Driver licenses are NOT at this office, please contact the
Glenwood Springs office 970-945-8229.
Pitkin County Motor Vehicle is open to WALK IN customers.
Skip the trip renew online!
The following forms may be required to complete your transaction.
- Application For Title and/or Registration DR 2395 (PDF)
- Secure and Verifiable Identification DR 2842 (PDF)
- Statement of Fact DR 2444 (PDF)
- Colorado Residency Establishment DR2504 (PDF)
- New Colorado Resident Vehicle registration HB22-1254 Effective Jan. 1, 2023: Colorado Residency Establishment Form AND provide one of the following for proof of residency: Colorado Driver's License or Identification Card, property tax receipt, utility bill (including the service start date), Lease agreement or mortgage statement, Voter Registration Card, college enrollment documents or student document, government or court order document.
- Bill of Sale (PDF)
- Power of Attorney for Motor Vehicle Only DR2175 (PDF)
- Other Official DMV Forms
Method of Payment
Cash, check and credit cards (Visa, Master Card and American Express) are accepted. If you use a credit card, an administrative fee of 2.7% will be added.
IF renewing a vehicle for someone else, ONE of the following is required by law:
Renewal card, old registration, title or copy of the title and NO CHANGES can be made to the account without a Power of Attorney (POA). Any address changes can be done online if there is no POA available.
In 2023, Colorado residents will see a $29 Keep Colorado Wild Pass added to their annual vehicle registration. The $29 pass fee is included automatically unless you choose to opt out. The new annual pass gives all Coloradans access to state parks and the added benefit of supporting our great outdoors and wildlife in a meaningful way. You can only buy the pass during your vehicle registration process. The pass is not transferable between vehicles and is linked to your license plate and registration card.
New Colorado Law Increased Motor Vehicle Fees
- Late Fee Registration Fine Effective June 1st, 2009 (mandatory $25 fine, up to $100)
- Registration Fees Increase July 1st, 2009
- New Increased Law Fee - Press Release (PDF)
Senate Bill 09-108 was signed into law on Monday, March 3rd, 2009 and represents a "mandatory" fine for late vehicle registration and the largest fee increase for vehicle registration in many years. Please be prepared for an increase in late registration fees and higher registration fees.
Registering Your Car/Motorcycle
- Renew online
- Buying a vehicle
- Selling a vehicle
- Out-of-state vehicle requiring Colorado registration and title
- Sales tax
- License plate descriptions
Disabled & Temporary Tags
Bonding, Lost Registrations or Title
Miscellaneous Information & Agency Contacts
- General phone Clerk and Recorder #970-920-5180
- Homemade trailers
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- Garfield County Clerk and Recorder
- Eagle County Clerk and Recorder
- State driver's license information