Pitkin County reminds you that per the Colorado Noxious Weed Act, it is your responsibility as a landowner to eradicate noxious weeds on your property. Please contact us anytime. We are happy to provide information and help you find the best weed control methods for you and your family.
- Call us at 970-920-5390
- Visit our website for more information
Did you know?...
- Noxious weeds cost Coloradoans millions of dollars a year in decreased land value, control, and eradication costs.
- Noxious weeds outcompete native plants, destroying forage and habitat for wildlife and livestock.
- Many noxious weeds are toxic to both humans and animals.
- Soil stores more carbon than all forests combined! Noxious weeds deplete carbon, nutrients, and water from soils, reducing plant viability while increasing erosion and susceptibility to wildfire.