Who do I need to inform of my newly assigned address?
Pitkin County will inform local Public Safety Agencies of the Address Assignment.

For notifying the post office of your new address, see their website: http://faq.usps.com/

It is the responsibility of property owners to notify tenants of said property of any address changes.

You need to notify parties with whom you correspond that your address has changed.

The parties that you should notify may include:
-Utility Companies (Electric / Gas / Sewer / Cable / Satellite TV / Broadband Internet)
-Telephone Company
-Trash Removal Company
-Regular home care service providers (property management, lawn care, snow removal, etc.)
-Alarm Company (home, personal or medical alert system)
-Mortgage Company
-Bank / Credit Union
-Credit Card Companies
-Insurance Companies (auto, home/renters, life, workers comp, etc.)
-Department of Motor Vehicles
-County Clerk and Recorder’s Office / Voter Registration
-County Assessor Office
-Schools (for you and/or children)
-Magazines/Newspapers and Periodicals
-Personal and professional clubs, licensing boards, organizations, and memberships
-Financial advisor/investment firms, Accountant, Attorney
-Places of worship
-Friends and family

Show All Answers

1. Why is there an address ordinance?
2. When does a road need to be named?
3. What is an Addressable Structure?
4. How are addresses assigned?
5. Can I choose my own Road Name?
6. My construction company is building a subdivision in the county. How do the roads being built get assigned names?
7. I am having a house built on my lot. How do I receive an address for my house?
8. I own a piece of property without a house or building on the lot. Do I need to obtain an address for the property?
9. Does my barn/workshop/garage need an address?
10. Do I need to display my address? How should I display my address?
11. Who do I need to inform of my newly assigned address?
12. What does it cost?