My temporary tag has/is about to expire, what should I do?

If you are purchasing the vehicle from a dealership and have a lease or a loan, the title paperwork will be sent to the motor vehicle office where you reside. Once the paperwork has been processed by the county clerk and a title complete card is sent to the owner of record. If you have not received a title complete notice, please contact the county. If the county has not received your paperwork you can request an extension of the temporary permit by coming into our office with your proof of Colorado Insurance, and an invoice from the dealership. When you are not purchasing the vehicle through a dealership, you can ask for an extension of the temporary tag. Please come into our office and bring in secure and verifiable identification, the title signed over to you from the seller. If you do not have a title yet, please bring in a bill of sale and the seller's last registration. If you have a loan and the title work has not been sent to us by the lien holder, please obtrain a copy of the security agreement to get a temporary permit.

Show All Answers

1. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
2. I have just moved to Colorado from another state; what do I need to register my vehicle?
3. Can I obtain a credit for the registration fees paid for the vehicle I sold?
4. How can I renew my registration?
5. I purchased a new vehicle from a dealership and it is financed. What do I do now?
6. My temporary tag has/is about to expire, what should I do?
7. I have misplaced my registration card or I have lost my tab. What can I do?
8. I lost my title, how do I get a duplicate?
9. Why can’t I find any information here about driver licenses?
10. How do I apply for personalized plates?
11. How do I get a personalized plate replaced?
12. Can I put my vehicle's registration on hold?