I purchased a new vehicle from a dealership and it is financed. What do I do now?

The dealership will send your original paperwork to the county you live in to be processed, in about 4-6 weeks from the purchase date. You will be sent a title complete notice (card) from our office. 1.What is a title complete notice? If a new vehicle has been purchased and or financed, the dealership or financial institution submits the title work to the motor vehicle office. Once the title has been processed, a title complete notice is mailed to notify the vehicle owner(s) that the plates can now be purchased and/or transferred. Please come in with the title complete notice, secure and verifiable ID, and proof of Insurance. Registration from a car you sold to get any credit toward the new vehicle. You may use the old plates, only if they are personalized or a specialty plate, or get a new set for additional fees. Or give us a call at 970-429-2717 we may be able to process your initial registration over the phone and mail you the registration/plates.

Show All Answers

1. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
2. I have just moved to Colorado from another state; what do I need to register my vehicle?
3. Can I obtain a credit for the registration fees paid for the vehicle I sold?
4. How can I renew my registration?
5. I purchased a new vehicle from a dealership and it is financed. What do I do now?
6. My temporary tag has/is about to expire, what should I do?
7. I have misplaced my registration card or I have lost my tab. What can I do?
8. I lost my title, how do I get a duplicate?
9. Why can’t I find any information here about driver licenses?
10. How do I apply for personalized plates?
11. How do I get a personalized plate replaced?
12. Can I put my vehicle's registration on hold?