Can I put my vehicle's registration on hold?

No, the state of Colorado requires you to keep your vehicle current year round. If you put your vehicle in storage you can put the insurance on hold by filling out the form #DR2303 Non-Use of Vehicle or Out of State Insurance Affidavit. You must provide insurance on another vehicle on the form. If you do not keep the vehicle current, late fees will apply, $25.00 per month up to $100.00, plus back ownership tax from the time it was expired.

Show All Answers

1. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
2. I have just moved to Colorado from another state; what do I need to register my vehicle?
3. Can I obtain a credit for the registration fees paid for the vehicle I sold?
4. How can I renew my registration?
5. I purchased a new vehicle from a dealership and it is financed. What do I do now?
6. My temporary tag has/is about to expire, what should I do?
7. I have misplaced my registration card or I have lost my tab. What can I do?
8. I lost my title, how do I get a duplicate?
9. Why can’t I find any information here about driver licenses?
10. How do I apply for personalized plates?
11. How do I get a personalized plate replaced?
12. Can I put my vehicle's registration on hold?