The Aspen/Pitkin County Airport has officially begun taking reservations on the airport’s newly designed website, allowing travelers to reserve and pay for parking before arriving.
Reservations can be made on the Parking & Transportation page on the airport’s website. Travelers can select the lot they wish to park in, duration of stay, and prepay. There are scanners at the entrances to both the Bear Lot and Elk Lot which can be utilized to scan reservation QR Codes from a cell phone or printed paper.
“Reservations are a great feature that we can now provide to the traveling public. We have the technology in place to make parking more efficient and stress free for our guests and we are thrilled to see it in action,” said Matt Whitelock, airport director of security and construction. “We have seen an increase in reservations since being introduced in late February with more expected as travel levels increase.”
- Reservations are for a specific amount of time. Travelers are meant to arrive at the time or shortly after their reservation has begun. Trips that last longer than the prepaid reservation due to flight delays or by personal choice are reconciled upon departure. The exit kiosks will create a new fee for time spent in the lot past the prepaid reservation. It is not possible to extend or make a second reservation online for an active reservation.
- Reservations are not permitted for less than 12 hours.
- Cancellations can be made 24 hours before a reservation begins for a full refund.
- Partial refunds will not be issued for leaving early.
- Reservations may be unavailable depending on capacity.
LAZ Parking operates and manages the airport parking lots for ASE as their strategic partner and is excited to introduce its LAZgo eCommerce platform for reservations. Any issues or questions regarding parking and reservations should be directed to LAZ Parking. For more information visit https://www.aspenairport.com/parking-transportation/.
Contact: Matt Whitelock | Director of Security and Construction | 970-429-1880