Who pays for weed control?

Landowners are responsible for the costs of weed control on their property, unless other specific arrangements are made with lessors or land-users. This includes public lands. For example, Pitkin County is responsible for weed control on county rights-of-way, open space, trail easements, and other county-owned properties. In addition, Pitkin County has agreements with the Forest Service and CDOT to perform weed control on some of these agencies' rights-of-way in Pitkin County.

Show All Answers

1. What is a noxious weed?
2. What is the Colorado Noxious Weed Act?
3. What are the noxious weeds in Pitkin County?
4. Are these the only weeds we need to be concerned about?
5. What if my neighbors don't control noxious weeds on their property?
6. Who pays for weed control?
7. How can I get help identifying weeds on my property?
8. What should I do if I find noxious weeds on my or someone else's property in Pitkin County?
9. I have introduced biological controls to control an infestation. Can the county still require additional control measures?
10. How can I help prevent the spread of noxious weeds?
11. How can Pitkin County help me?
12. Who are the municipal noxious weed contacts in Pitkin County?